Target is making mistakes once again.
They are really trying to make “plus-size” clothing cute and spunky. So they decided to put up a very pretty “plus-size” model for their latest dress. Except the “plus-size” model is thin and has a belly that she has her hand on.
They have removed the ad, but the damage is done online.
Instead of writing about this, I thought I would share with your nine titles that went through my mind for this post.
1. “Shake it. Don’t Break it. It took Target nine months to make it.”
2. “Congratulations! You are “Plus-Size.”
3. “Target can help “plus-size” women lose weight in nine months”
4. “Push…puuuuussssshhhhhh your way to the “plus-size” section at Target.”
5. “I did not think I would be “plus-size” after one time.”
6. “I felt a kick. Wait…that was just dinner.”
7. “It finally makes sense why I like Whoppers, pickles and onions together.”
Honestly, Target is a huge company. They should have really done a better job with this. They should just make clothing and put different sizes on them instead of labeling them “plus-size”. I have said this before.
Someone at Target clearly does not like “plus-size” women.