Random topic post!
1. Comments– My comments are off on my blog, and if you have followed me for a while, you know that I am the only crazy person that does not like comments. I am not trying to start a revolution, and I am not popular enough to be different. I just think that if people want to talk to me, they can do it on Twitter, I usually send an instant response. If people want to leave a comment, they can do it on Facebook. If people want to criticize, they can email me. I will admit, I have judged a post of mine by how many comments it gets. I will admit, I do not like snarky comments. I will admit, I think the people who have brought me up in comments are the same ones that bring me down in comments. Yet, with all that being said, I get far more great comments than negative ones. It makes me feel great when someone is inspired by a post. I love when someone gets the point I was trying to make.
I just like using the social networks more.
2. Emails- I have gotten a lot of nice emails lately. A couple crappy ones, but many more positive ones. I do want to say thank you. Believe it or not, I read them all, and respond to most. I am getting better at responding to emails although not 100%. Lyn and Diana, know your emails were appreciated, but I do not think I responded to yours :(. If you have a specific question for me, I will do my best to answer. I will be honest, I do not design workouts or eating plans, but I do know a thing or two about some things.
3. Weight Loss– I had a cool idea about the video weigh ins, but then it fell through. I have decided to weigh myself the beginning of every month. Everything is going well. I have been tracking with a cool app on my iPhone (There are so many, but I use Mynetdiary.com because you can scan food and iFitness) and my workouts have been going well. More cardio that strength training this go around.
4.Cool stuff– I have also been blogging at Anytime Health, the website for Anytime Fitness. They have done an amazing job with my posts, promoting them, and getting me a new audience. I am going to do that every so often. There you can leave comments. I also put a little Polar icon on the side of my blog. If you ever think about getting a heart rate monitor, I suggest Polar.
5.Vacation- I have been on vacation this week from work, and it has been a great vacation. I have got to spend time with my wife and son, and really relax.
6. Fitbloggin- There is an event for bloggers called Fitbloggin. I was trying to go (it is in May) but I will not be able to go. I am adding this in because I get asked every now and then if I am going, but sadly, I will not. Let’s just say that I am socially awkward.
7. Socially Awkward- You might have just read that I am socially awkward. I actually do not like talking that much, but I am trying to get better. So the other day, I was at the grocery store, and there was a cute girl in front of me. In her cart, she had spinach, artichokes, ricotta cheese, and those Pillsbury crescent rolls. Trying to be nice I said “Cool, you are making calzones.” She looked at me and said “Um, I am seeing someone, thanks!” I told my wife, and she said I should have told her how many Twitter followers I had. What a peach!
8. Posts– I have really liked the last four posts I have done. I have told those stories before, but I am getting more confident in my writing. I see an improvement over the last three years, and where I know so much about weight loss, I get a little nervous when it comes to writing. Yet, I have enjoyed those posts.
9. Book- I thought of a real good idea over the weekend for a book. I never thought about it before, but if I keep working on my writing, I just might pursue it.
10. Quesadillas– I have been making quesadillas for my wife lately. If you ever want to make a healthy one, the George Foreman grill is the way to go. And if you really want to go mega healthy, use those Joseph Bakery lavash breads that Sean talks about.