I like looking at other’s workout playlists.
Usually it is a list of 40 songs and I have heard of 2 of the songs. Most of the songs are from some techno band that I do not even know exists…
“Have you heard Blizt BoyBalls By D.I.O.U.W feat. DJ Skinny Wig?”
Do not get me wrong, in Mizfit terms, I luvs me some Techno, but sometimes I want a nice variety to workout to.
So I would like to tell you a few of my favorite workout songs.
As you might know, I truly love all music. From Metallica to having “Bieber Fever”. From listening to Linkin Park to Debbie Gibson to Jay Z, there is not one genre of music that I do not like.
Some of my favorite songs…..
1. Superstar by Lupe Fiasco– Might be my favorite workout song now. I love the lyrics and the groove. Lupe has a really good smooth flow. Every time the chorus come on, it pushes me.
2. Boys by Britney Spears (Pharrell Remix)- Love her or hate her, she makes some great songs to workout to. Boys might be my favorite one. Very good for cardio.
3. Love The Way You Lie by Eminem– Fueled by anger, Eminem, in my opinion, is one of the most talented rappers out there. VERY good for lifting weights. Stan and Mockingbird are also very good to lift more weight than you thought you could.
4. The Reason by Hoobastank– This song should only be used when you feel like giving up. The song will remind you of how selfish you have been in life. It will make you appreciate all the people who love you and why you decided to wake up at 5am to workout.
5. A Dream by Jay Z (Feat. Notorious B.I.G)– During the whole Tupac/Biggie battle, I will admit, I was a Tupac fan. This song made me realize just how talented Biggie truly was. How he made lyrics to the beat of “Juicy Fruit” is amazing. Great song when you are starting your cardio workout.
6. Working for the Weekend by Loverboy– A nice change of pace song. Fast paced, talks about everyone’s favorite days, Plus, it reminds me of Chris Farley and Patrick Swayze, two stars who left too early.
7. Ice Box by Omarion– Very good for lifting weights as well. Kind of a slower beat, but lyrics will push you hard.
8. Thong Song by Sisqo– I can not say this enough. A whole song devoted to thongs is something to listen to. Whether you are a guy or girl, it will get you going during your cardio workout.
9. Kobe Bryant by Lil Wayne– I am not a Kobe fan at all. I am from Charlotte, and Kobe did not want to play for us. But Lil Wayne, in general, has a way to get me going during my workout. Very good while lifting weights.
10. Superstition by Stevie Wonder– Just a great great song! I could listen to it over and over again no matter what my workout is.
Along with the songs (Which I have so many more that I love) there are also artists that I could listen to any of their songs while working out.
1. Lupe Fiasco (He is number one on my playlist)
3. Linkin Park
4. Pat Benetar
6. Maroon 5
8. NSYNC and Britney Spears (Don”t Hate!)
9. AC DC
10. Montell Jordan
So there is a few songs and artists I listen to when I work out. The beauty is some will agree with what I wrote, and some will absolutely hate what I wrote.
What do you listen to when you work out?