Someone with Narcissistic Personality disorder (NPD) has at least 5 of these symptoms:
- has a grandiose sense of self-importance (e.g., exaggerates achievements and talents, expects to be recognized as superior without commensurate achievements)
Well, I do not exaggerate my achievements. I did lose a lot of weight. I do down play it outside of this blog. I do not feel superior, I could not have done this without the love of my family.
- is preoccupied with fantasies of unlimited success, power, brilliance, beauty, or ideal love
I do feel like success will come to me..in fact I am a success. Unlimited though, not really. I am a bald mid 30’s guy, beauty is not in the cards for me. Love, well..I have that!
- believes that he or she is “special” and unique and can only be understood by, or should associate with, other special or high-status people (or institutions)
I do feel special…but we all are special! We all have a great story. We are the only ones that can promote ourselves. I think that anyone who has dealt with the horror of any type of weight loss can understand my story.
- requires excessive admiration
Not in the least!
- has a sense of entitlement, i.e., unreasonable expectations of especially favorable treatment or automatic compliance with his or her expectations
- is interpersonally exploitative, i.e., takes advantage of others to achieve his or her own ends
I NEVER take advantage of people. I am accountable for my actions, and I will NEVER step on shoes to get what I want. Only a scumbag would do that!
- lacks empathy: is unwilling to recognize or identify with the feelings and needs of others
Do I really need to answer that!
- is often envious of others or believes that others are envious of him or her
I think that people are amazed at my weight loss, but not the way i did it. Giving up certain foods for life is hard.
I hope people are not envious though, it is a tough life to live.
- shows arrogant, haughty behaviors or attitudes
Confident yes, but never in a way to put others down.
I might be annoying, cocky, confident and silly….
But I think I am far from being narcissistic.
People should do their homework before making such an accusation!