I thought I avoided it!
I thought it would forget about me!
I thought I would not have to do it!
I was wrong!
I hate getting tagged for things. Facebook is really good about that. Every time I sign on, I have a virtual plant, or someone says yes to the question “Does Tony like apples?” or I have to take a quiz about shoes because Bobby Roy scored a 72 on it!
Do not get me wrong, I love Facebook. I refused to do it for so long until my wife and brother told me I should. I love it because I will never have to go to a High School Reunion!
For what now!
I know what they are all doing. Lets save the chit chat!
Then I have Twitter, which links to Facebook. So everyone can see at 6:34pm that I love apples, or work is stressful, or I updated a blog! I like Twitter, hate the word tweets!
Plus, I do get to meet a lot of people in both, and they are a lot easier to use than MySpace. MySpace to me is super complicated. All I know is Tom is my friend!
Anyway, my wife tagged me in the “25 random things about you” that everyone is doing. Well, I am not popular enough to be different, so I thought I would do it as well. And no, I will not write 25 times I love broccoli.
1. After being with my wife for five minutes, I knew I would spend the rest of my life with her.
2. I started this blog in April, I did not tell any friends or family (including wife) about it until the beginning of October.
3. I have lost 212 pounds. The most weight I have lost previously was 80 pounds, and that was before I met my wife.
4. Although my dog barks at 2am, 3:05am, and 3:55am, I would not want her out of my life.
5. My favorite color is orange.
6. I am the only person in the world who cried during the movie Click with Adam Sandler. I realized if I did not lose weight, my life would be in fast forward, and I would miss everything.
7. I am envious of my wife’s career. I always wanted to do accounting. I love working with numbers.
8. Only three people at my work know I have a blog. None of them talk about it because they feel lucky to know me personally.
9. I have no desire to ever run a race. I am happy being in the gym all day.
10. I have been offered to promote/endorse/try over 10 products for this blog, all from companies I have heard of. I have turned them all down.
11. I have not lost sleep over anything since I was 11 years old.
12. I have a hard time forgiving and forgetting. My wife keeps me straight about that.
13. Although I do not call my parents very often, I love them very much.
14. I was voted most spirited in high school. I was incredibly upset about it because I was also voted best sense of humor, but I was only allowed to have one, and they decided to brand me with spirit!. So for the rest of my life, I have spirit, how bout you!
15. I am surprised how popular my blog has gotten. I remember when I was happy to get 25 hits in a day, with me being 23 of them. I recently had a day where I had over 6,000 hits.
16. My brother is my hero.
17. I have not weighed 208 since I was in college.
18. I believe that my life will change with one phone call/one email.
19. The day I found out I was going to be a father was the happiest day of my life.
20. I love telling people my story on here. The reason I do this is to motivate people, or at least let them know that weight loss is possible. That is why I try to tell my story in so many different avenues.
21. I love sports, but not as a fanatic. When the Cleveland Browns lost the 1986-1987 AFC Championship games (The drive and the fumble), I realized that sports were never going to be as special to me again. In fact, I will be working during the Super Bowl tomorrow, my choice!
22. My family truly cares about me.
23. People who tell me how much I have moved them mean a lot to me. It means even more if I have never spoken to them or met them before.
24. I love my job. With the economy the way it is, I am happy to be good at what I do. Sometimes, I do not know if I am good at restaurants or good at motivating people.
25. My favorite music is old school rap (80’s rap like Audio Two, Gucci Crew, NWA, etc.).
There you go, very random!
Please, if you are not already, be my friend on any of the social networks. The links are on top!